Who can participate?
The AAYFF is open to ALL YOUNG PEOPLE who are currently enrolled in primary/junior, high schools, senior schools or colleges throughout the region. Films can be submitted in any one of four age divisions:
- 10 - 12 AGE GROUP (Junior / Elementary)
- 13 - 15 AGE GROUP (Middle / High school)
- 16 - 18 AGE GROUP (Senior / High School)
- 19 - 21 AGE GROUP (Further / Higher education)
- Drama – any narrative.
- Horror – something scary*
- Animation – any form of animation
- Documentary – any subject!
- Experimental – any film that does not fit the mould of typical filmmaking.
- Music Video – music video* (Music must be own composition, licensed or have the full permission of the recording artist)
- Short short – any film 60secs or under
In order to be accepted in the AAYFF competition, your submitted film must adhere to the following durations (including credits).
- 10 - 12 AGE GROUP – No longer than 3 MINUTES
- 13 - 15 AGE GROUP – No longer than 5 MINUTES
- 16 - 18 AGE GROUP – No longer than 7 MINUTES
- 19 - 21 AGE GROUP – No longer than 7 MINUTES